Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vitamin Therapy - Monoderma

The change in seasons has left my skin feeling a little average; uneven in texture & tone and generally lacking the glow that summer brings. In a bid to get it back on track & supercharged for the fast-approaching cooler months, I've begun a course of vitamin therapy, with Monoderma Vitamin skin capsules.

Just like the variety you might pop when your system feels lacking, skin vitamins are designed to boost & supplement your regular skincare regime, but are applied topically to the skin, rather than taken in tablet form. Formulated by a group of Italian Chemists, the Monoderma range offers active, concentrated doses of Vitamin A, C & E - each designed to target specific skin concerns. They come packaged in clever, single application ampoules & are designed to be used as a month-long, intensive course.



Given the current state of my complexion, I chose the Vitamin A (Retinol) 0.15% variety, although my skin would have been just as grateful for the Vitamin C boost, which is designed to seriously amp up glow. The promise of refined texture & increased cellular turnover to aid with premature ageing (the result of too many days spent basking in summer sun!) won me over however & so I opted for Vitamin A. Complexions prone to adult breakout will love these wonder capsules too: by encouraging accelerated cellular turnover, they assist skin in regenerating & clearing - an added benefit!

One week in, my skin already seems brighter and softer to touch. The vitamins have a lightweight, velvety gel texture that absorbs rapidly into the skin and sits comfortably under my evening moisturiser. I plan to treat my skin with a course of Monoderma vitamins at times when it needs increased luminosity & vitality. By their very nature, the vitamins are ideal as a pre-event treatment, or for any occasion that demands a state of complexion perfection (Brides-to-Be, are you listening?!)

x

Monoderma is distributed in Australia by True Solutions International. For stockists, visit their website

No comments:

Post a Comment