1. Exercise first thing in the morning. If it means getting up an hour earlier or going to bed an hour earlier the night before, so be it! Fitting in just 30 minutes of physical activity in the morning not only gets your mind & body in motion, it allows you to accomplish something before the working day has begun. This sets the tone for a productive & rewarding day.
2. Surround yourself with positive people. It is exhausting to constantly be fighting negativity. Give yourself a break! Distance yourself and seek out people who are upbeat & positive. You'll find it's impossible not to be swept up by their radiant energy.
3. Find your ikigai. The Japanese have a beautiful word that, directly translated to English, means "something one lives for". Essentially what it refers to is the reason we wake up in the morning. With all of the chaos & demands in modern life, it's important that you find your ikigai - whatever it may be - & that you dedicate time to it. You'll find your soul will thank you.
4. Get a pet. The unconditional love & joy that comes from a furry little friend is unsurpassed when it comes to simple happiness. You'll quickly find that their dependency on you develops into a co-dependency & that you'll long for the moment you walk in the door at the end of the day, just to see their happy face.
5. Express gratitude. Acknowledging thanks for all the amazing things you have shifts your focus from what you don't have, to what you do. Gratitude has a powerful ability to refocus, re-energize and to attract good. Practice gratitude daily & you'll discover that list of things you are grateful for grows.