Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Home Grown

Australia Day 2011 dawns and brings with it bright sunshine and the promise of heat that requires icy summer cocktails! Today I am grateful for the laid-back lifestyle that typifies Australia (particularly evident on this public holiday where most will escape their offices country-wide and head to the coast for a lazy day of BBQ's and beaching), for the freedom that we enjoy and for the clever Australian beauty innovators that bring us the following delicious products...

1. Luxurious Rosehip Oil - KORA Organics
I must confess to having a bit of a girl-crush on the divine Miranda Kerr. The image of her angelic, dimpled face is flooding the Australian media at the moment following the birth of her first child with hubby Orlando Bloom, however it is her skincare line 'Kora' that has really got my attention. The Victoria's secret model/ beauty entrepreneur and author launched her own organic line of skincare last year & after trying the 'Luxurious Rose Hip Oil' ($34.95 20mL) I'm hooked.

The range was developed out of Miranda's 'organic living' ethos & emulates the message of her new book 'Treasure Yourself' (which I recently read and loved). It is one that is focused on self-care, nurturing one's self esteem and so, incites a beautiful feeling of positivity and wellbeing. I use this product before bed as a treatment serum and wake up with soft, glowy skin - delish!


2. Bloom Lip Balm
Most beauty fanatics will distinctly remember their first love affair with certain products - for me, one such product is Bloom Lip Balm. At 16 years old, I was working my first part time job after school and spending every cent I made on skincare and cosmetics. Bloom held massive appeal, with it's beautiful packaging and rainbow-array of colours; classic kid-in-a-candy store scenario.

One of my favourites remains to this day the Lip Balm ($9.95) in Lime. Formulated with natural oils & waxes, it is undoubtedly the most hydrating balm ever. Every time I wear it, memories of my sweet sixteenth come flooding back.





 3. Cucumber + Guava Firming Eye Balm - The Jojoba Company
I recently stumbled upon Australian brand The Jojoba Company mid-pharmacy shop (popped in for panadol and left with a bag full of product, I just can't help myself!). I picked up the Cucumber + Guava Firming Eye Balm ($46.95) as recent hay fever and late nights have being playing havoc & leaving me with not-so-pretty dark circles.  It was exactly the eye therapy I needed!



With the brand being Australian owned & produced (the farm is located in north-west NSW), carbon negative and natural, this range offers plenty to feel good about!

Just three of many Australian gems that I love. Wishing everyone a beautiful Australia Day.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment