Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Mane Event

With so much beauty-focus often placed on body and face care during summer, it's important not to neglect your tresses! Hair often suffers during the warmer months as we spend long days in the sun, in chlorinated pools and at the beach. I find my own thick hair often becomes unmanageable, which results in me wanting to throw it up in a loose mess and forget about it!


In an effort to banish this hair-neglect cycle, I've recently been trialling different products designed to give my hair back some love....here are my top three.

While textured 'beach hair' is in, a dry and brittle mane is not! Counteract any damage with a weekly at-home deep conditioning hair mask. My all-time favourite is the Davines Nourishing Repairing Mask with Olive Butter. This delicious green butter from Italian Hair and Spa brand Davines (who couldn't love a brand who's mantra is 'Beauty Will Save The World'?) is an absolute treat to slather on. Fortified with not just Olive butter (nourishing and restorative), but Cherry Oil, Jojoba Oil and Rhizobian Gum to prevent flyaways and add volume....your hair will love you for it!



Go one step further and apply your sun-savvy to prevent damage occurring in the first place by using quality SPF-for-hair! I'm currently loving Revlon's Equave 2 Phase Instant Conditioner for Sun-exposed hair. A quick spritz before you head out and hair is protected from solar radiation, sea salt and chlorine. The product contains wide-spectrum UVA and UVB filters and is enriched with natural grape and green tea extracts, meaning it's a triple threat against any potential damage-inducers!



Last but certainly not least is the final object of my affection, Morrocan Oil. This has become somewhat of a cult beauty product in recent times, attracting fans far and wide as we all search for a treatment that will not only smooth & nourish hair, but protect, restore shine and softness and moisture. Put simply, I now wouldn't point a blowdryer at my hair without it.





No comments:

Post a Comment