Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Postcards of Beauty: Hong Kong

Last week I posted about the new feature I am introducing to Beautyzest, a monthly post in which I'll introduce readers from across the globe & provide a peek into their beauty routines. I am so excited to announce that we have our first...let's begin!

Our first international beauty is the gorgeous & insanely talented Kavita from Hong Kong....



Name: Kavita Devi Faiella


Lives: Hong Kong


I fill my days with: Wine. I am the wine director for The Press Room Group - a restaurant group with 12 different restaurants throughout the city, so my days are filled with all things vinous.


But if I wasn’t working, I would: Be at the beach. Having been born in Sri Lanka and growing up in the southern beaches of Sydney - it is my favorite place, no matter where in the world. There are lots of great secret beaches in Hong Kong - its one of the things I love most about the city.


Describe your skincare routine…I use Aesop products - I am addicted to them and completely infatuated with the way each product smells. At the end of the day I use their make up remover, Parsley Seed Cleansing Oil, B & Tea Balancing Toner, and then their Anti Oxidant Face and Eye Serum. Once a week I use their Primrose facial cleansing mask and once a month I spoil myself by having a facial at their concept store in Soho.


When do you feel most beautiful? After a day at the beach. Skin glowing, tanned and moisturized with body oil. It makes me wish it were the weekend everyday.


My couldn’t-live-without product: Blush! i can't leave the house without blush - even when I'm exercising.


Favourite fragrance: Oh - there are so many. I am a fragrance freak. As a sommelier I am obsessed with the way things smell and I collect perfumes from all over the world.
At the moment - as it is summer here in Hong Kong I am wearing Bal D'Afrique by Breydo a Swedish perfume house. It smells of Bergamot, Lemon, Neroli, African Marigold, Violet, Jasmin, Petals, Cyclamen.


For me, happiness is: Sitting around a table with my favorite people eating good food and drinking good wine.


x

1 comment:

  1. Kavita,

    Your beauty regime sounds delish, so does your description of a day after the beach!

    Jules (not really anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete